Delicious way to use up some of that summer produce.
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 lb ground lamb, pork, turkey, beef or chicken – your choice.
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan or asiago cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp dried or fresh oregano
- 1 tbs chopped fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375. Trim stems from zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the center, leaving a shell, and cut the center into small bite size pieces. Take the shell, spray with cooking oil, season with salt and pepper, place on an oiled baking sheet and put into the oven. Sauté the onions, zucchini pieces and peppers until soft, add garlic sauté for a minute or two, add meat and seasonings and cook until no longer pink. Add mozzarella and tomatoes, take the shells out of the oven, fill with the mixture, top with parmesan and put back in. Heat through, around 15-20 minutes and serve.