Snap Peas with Pesto and Pine Nuts –serves 4-6
- 1 lb prepared snap peas, watch video on prepping
- 1/3 cup basil or pesto of choice (recipe follows)
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 3-4 strips of cooked bacon (optional)
Cook snap peas in a large pot of boiling, salted water for about 5 minutes. They should still be somewhat crisp and have a bright green color. Drain and toss with the pesto, top with the pine nuts. For extra taste (and decadence) add some crumbled bacon. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- ¼ cup pine nuts or walnuts
- ¼ cup olive oil, if you need more, use it, you want a thick sauce texture.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
Process in food processor until smooth. Use on pastas, sandwiches, roasted vegetables, potatoes and more. Pesto is usually made with basil but you can use any fresh herb as a substitute.