Pear Salad with Leeks and Goat Cheese
- 2-3 leeks, washed thoroughly and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 pears, halved and cored
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Olive oil
- 8 cups baby greens, spinach or arugula
- Balsamic vinaigrette – recipe follows
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté leeks with garlic and ginger in olive oil until softened and just before they turn golden. In a lightly oiled casserole dish, place pears cut side up. Fill center with goat cheese and top with leek mixture.
Bake in oven for 20 minutes until pears soften, warmed throughout.
Toss greens lightly with vinaigrette and place stuffed pear on the side.
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbs good quality olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Whisk or shake together. Refrigerate leftovers and bring to room temperature before using.