Simple and delicious!
- homegrown tomatoes sliced
- slices of fresh mozzarella to alternate with tomatoes
- fresh basil cut with a sharp knife into ribbons
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- balsamic vinegar reduction
- coarse salt and pepper
Alternate the tomato slices and fresh mozzarella on a serving plate. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle lightly with balsamic reduction and olive oil and garnish with basil ribbons.
Balsamic Reduction On low heat, simmer 1 cup good balsamic vinegar down to ¼ cup. Should be like a syrup. Nice on salads, chicken, fruit and cheeses.