Thai Veggie Noodle Salad – serves 8
Here is a really delicious salad using fresh ingredients that can be made ahead of time and enjoyed at a summer concert or picnic.
- 2 tbs toasted sesame oil
- ½ cup canned coconut milk, (freeze the remainder for future u
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 3 tbs honey or agave
- 2 tbs soy or shoyu sauce
- 3 tbs fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tsp sriracha or cayenne pepper
- 1 tbs grated fresh ginger
- ½ cup cashews or peanuts
Add all ingredients to food processor and process.
- 1 lb soba noodles
- 3 red bell peppers, julienned (sliced thin)
- 4 cups peas or edamame (frozen works fine)
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup green onions, white part thinly chopped
- 1 ½ cups roasted peanuts or cashews
- 1 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 limes cut in wedges for garnish
- ½ cup toasted nuts for garnish.
You can also add broccoli, cauliflower or chopped kale or spinach.
Make dressing, set aside. Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water. Check cooking directions, don’t overcook. Drain pasta well, let it dry out a bit. Set aside.
Add all other ingredients to pasta along with dressing. Mix salad well, you will probably need to use your hands. Let chill a few hours to absorb flavors. Garnish with lime wedges and cashews. You can also add chicken, pork or shrimp.