- 1 ½ cups pitted olives of choice, chopped fine. I like Kalamata.
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries or 2/3 cup dried cherries, chopped fine
- 1 tbs basil leaves, stacked and cut with a sharp knife into slivers
- 2 scallions, white part chopped fine
- 1 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp capers (optional)
- Crackers of choice
- Manchego, goat, Irish Cheddar or other cheese of choice, sliced
Combine all ingredients with the exception of the cheese and crackers, let sit for at least an hour. Put a cheese slice on a cracker, top with tapenade and enjoy.