Kale Apple Waldorf Salad
I tweaked this recipe from www.wholefoods.com, a great resource for easy, healthy dishes.
- 4 cups packed finely chopped raw kale, preferably dinosaur kale
- 2 large red apples, such as Fuji or Honey crisp, cored and chopped, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons raisins, divided
- 2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 2 tbs water, more if needed
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Place kale in a large bowl. Add half the apple to kale along with celery, 1/4 cup walnuts and 1/4 cup raisins. Put remaining apple in a blender along with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts, remaining 2 tablespoons raisins, mustard, water, vinegar and salt. Purée until well combined and slightly thick, adding water if needed to thin. Pour dressing over kale salad and toss to combine. Serve.