- 4 medium zucchini – not large!
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup bell pepper, whatever color, diced small, use spicier peppers if you like
- 1 tbs butter
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup dried fruit, raisins, currants, apricots or whatever you have on hand
- ½ cup freshly shredded Parmesan
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out the inner core and cut into pieces leaving the shell intact. Brush or spray the inside of the zucchini shells with olive oil, place on a cookie rack and bake for 8 minutes. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs butter and a drizzle of olive oil in the bottom of a sauté pan. Add onions, peppers, zucchini and sauté until tender. Add garlic and dried fruit. Put back into zucchini shells, top with parmesan and bake until heated through and cheese is melted. Shell and all are edible and delicious!