- 2 pounds boned, skinned chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-in. cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
- 4 garlic cloves (2 crushed, 2 minced)
- 1/2 English cucumber, coarsely shredded
- 14 ounces Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons rice or white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix chicken, oil, wine, lemon juice, oregano, crushed garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Let marinate for an hour or two. Remove chicken from marinade and thread onto metal or pre-soaked wood skewers. Heat grill to high. Grill chicken, turning occasionally until cooked through, about 12 minutes.
Put cucumber in a kitchen towel and wring out any excess liquid. In a bowl add drained cucumber, yogurt, minced garlic and vinegar, mix until blended. Season to taste. Serve with chicken and warm pita bread.